Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Soccer, Magical Forest and Family Pictures

This summer Connor began his professional sports career playing soccer. Yep, you read it right soccer. I personally never played soccer and really didn't like soccer all that much. Maybe I just don't understand it all that well. Actually I don't know anything at all about soccer except that you kick a ball into a net.

But, Connor loved it and it was a ton of fun to watch him run around with all of his little friends. He is actually pretty darn good too. They only played in one scrimmage and he was one of three kids on his team that scored a goal. This moment had to be one of the highlights of my spring. Connor scored the goal and looked over at me sitting on the sideline cheering him on and giving him a big thumbs up. He just looked at me and gave me the cutest smile that I had ever seen. "It was the kind of smile that said, did you see that one dad?" As he was smiling he pointed at me. That point meant you were right dad. At the break just before he scored I told him to focus not only on the ball but he had to look up at the net and then kick it into the net. One of the other kids mom caught him just at that moment. The picture above was that moment, one that I will never forget. That's my Connor Bug!
We went on another exciting adventure in the magical forest. I won't go into it too much because it doesn't make for great copy but here are some cute pictures.


Yaya and Papa were in town last week and had lots of fun with the kids. I think that I may have mentioned this last week but I had not downloaded my pics yet, so here you go.
The final chapter in our most recent adventures was a family trip to the cemetary to visit Grandpa Boyd's grave. I think that it is always nice to go and take some time to remember and celebrate his life. I always enjoy our Memorial Day trip and I think that the kids always enjoy it as well. Hopefully in the years to come we do a good job of telling our kids about our families and the history that has preceeded us. Every year I get the family together for a family picture. I guess that you can call it a family tradition.

I like last years picture but this years definitely takes the cake. What do you think? Please leave a comment and vote for your favorite. I can't seem to find last years picture so I will leave you with only this years picture. Trust me, this one is it!


Over and out.................

No comments: