Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Catching up with the Greens

It has been almost a month since our last post. Since I have been designated the official household blogger I am at fault for the delay in a post. I am still commuting between Portland and Boise every week and am extremely happy to announce that this is almost at an end. We plan to move to Portland on July 18th. I rented a town home in the neighborhood that I will be working in, Villebois. http://www.villebois.com/ It is going to be a bit tight, 1,500 sq ft, but it will bring us closer as a family. Literally. We are excited about the move but it will be an adjustment that we are ready to make the most of.
Weekends are typically jam packed with fun and excitement for me and the kids and dad. It has been so hot in Boise that mom typically has been staying home with baby Charlie. So, that leaves dad in charge of being the fun provider for the weekend. Bummer for me. A typical weekend includes a dip in the pool. A walk or quick jog. I usually have a short run on Saturday and a long run on Sunday. On Saturday I run with Ruby in the jogging stroller and Connor likes to ride his bike. He has been learning the rules of the road on our runs.

Charlie is becoming quite the chunky monkey. Every time I come home it seems like he has gained another pound or so. He is a great eater and he has been sleeping really well too. As hard as things are during times like these with a move away from home and being away from the family for a week at a time I can't help but feel so blessed. I have an awesome wife who is also a great mother and three healthy and happy kids. I truly could not ask for more.

Ruby had birthday #3 the other day. She was beautiful and had such a great time with all of the family over at our house. She got some great presents. Funny thing....Her favorite present was her 2 packs of Pokeman cards. She squealed with delight when opening the wrapper. Her new pink scooter could was no match for Pokeman.
Last weekend the kids met the ice cream truck for the first time. They have been really excited to catch up with it for several weeks now. We waited for the thermometer to hit 105 to chase the truck down the street and wait our turn in line for the first of many trip to kiddie ice cream heaven. They made quite the mess in the front porch. It melt very fast but it was a lot of fun to watch them

We love you all!

The Green's






















No comments: