Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Green Addition

It is a glorious day to begin blogging.

I have two gorgeous kids, one on each side of me. One of them crying her little eyes out because she could not sit on daddy's lap. The other telling me how I
should write about Power Rangers Jungle Fury and something called Ninja Storm. I think that is also Power Rangers. Oh yeah, and I also need to put in a plug for Strawberry Shortcake. Where would we be without her?

Momma is still in bed and we are trying to give her a little bit more sleep as she spends long nights feeding a baby that is hungry every two hours or so. Nights are not as quiet around the house as they used to be and even dad feels the sleep depravation. Just not to the same extent as mom.
On May 9th, 2008 at 8:16 p.m. God blessed our family with a beautiful and healthy baby boy named Charles (Charlie) Quinn Green. He came into the world weighing 7.4 pounds and measuring a total of 20.5 inches in length. To date, he is the largest of the Green kids at birth. What a bundle of joy!
The kids really did not need time to adjust to having a new baby in the house stealing the attention that they so crave. Everyone always asks us how they are taking it and all that I can say is that they love little "Charlie Bugs" (as Ruby likes to call him) as much as we do. Ruby is so sweet as she is always wanting to hold him, pat him and tell him that everything is alright when he cries.
Connor wanted me to mention that he sometimes gets nervous having a baby, Charlie Quinn Green, around the house. So, I guess that he will need a little bit more time. Maybe when he starts to crawl and laugh with Connor and is able to watch Americas Funniest Home videos he will start to loosen up a bit.
Well, I only have until the 19th to spend as much time with the family as I can so I had better get to it.

I am really looking forward to keeping this blog going to keep family and friends abreast as to the terribly exciting lives of Andy, Katie, Connor, Ruby and Charlie Green.
We pray that God is blessing all of you as much as he has us.

Andy and Katie Green










2 comments:

Johnson Fam said...

How cute! You are all adorable! I've always wanted to do a blog like this, but it is hard enough for me to get the pics up on our site, let alone add words....I'm so glad you are able to do it. I will be a frequent reader. Tell Katie that life with three gets even easier as you get a few weeks into it! Also, I become more and more convinced that our kids will get along great, as Ellie loves America's Funniest Videos too....she calls it her Funny People show. Love you all....

Unknown said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family you all are! Congrats on welcoming little Charlie...can't wait to meet him! Miss you all!